Washington Division of Child Support Digital Marketing Project
For its first digital marketing intervention, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services’ Division of Child Support tested Facebook sponsored advertising to reach new clients. The campaign ran over 10 weeks, and featured two creative groups targeted to eight Washington counties. It resulted in 2,093 interactions with 697 referrals to the Apply for Child Support Services webpage, accounting for 29% of all sessions on the page.
- While Facebook advertising was effective at generating interactions and driving viewers to DCS webpage, site visits were short in duration.
- Facebook advertising alone is not likely to generate new child support
applications, but it is a helpful component to increasing awareness that may eventually lead to new applications.
The documents below include:
- Final Evaluation Brief for the intervention.
- Style Guide used to develop the advertisements.
- Standard Operating Procedures for creating a Facebook sponsored advertising campaign.