Colorado Division of Child Support Services Digital Marketing Project
For its second digital marketing intervention, the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Support Services tested Facebook sponsored advertising to reach new clients. The campaign ran over three months and featured two creative groups targeted to 62 zip codes in six Colorado counties. It resulted in 1,884 clicks with 697 referrals to the Apply for Services webpage. More than 85 percent of the referrals were from first-time visitors to the website.
- While Facebook advertising was effective at generating interactions and driving viewers to CSS webpage, site visits were short in duration.
- Facebook advertising alone is not likely to generate new child support
applications, but it is a helpful component to increasing awareness that may eventually lead to new applications.
- An online application is needed to provide an entirely digital experience for CSS clients from start to finish.
The documents below include:
- Final Evaluation Brief for the intervention.
- Style Guide used to develop the advertisements.
- Standard Operating Procedures for creating a Facebook sponsored advertising campaign.